गृह मन्त्रालयले वैशाख ३१ गतेको स्थानीय निर्वाचन हुने जिल्लाहरूसँग जोडिएका अन्तर्राष्ट्रिय सीमा ४८ घन्टासम्मका लागि बन्द गर्ने निर्णय गरेको छ । निर्वाचन शान्त र सुरक्षित वातावरणमा सम्पन्न गर्न सीमा बन्द गर्न लागिएको मन्त्रालयले जनाएको छ । गृह मन्त्रालयका सहसचिव एवं प्रवक्ता बालकृष्ण पन्थीले निर्वाचन हुने जिल्लासँग जोडिएका सबै जिल्लाको सीमा बन्द गर्ने निर्णय गरिएको बताउनुभयो ।
Established in 1997, Radio Sagarmatha is the first independent community radio in South Asia operated by Nepal Forum of Environmental Journalists (NEFEJ) to promote public service broadcasting in Nepal. Radio Sagarmatha is running daily 18 hours transmission through 1000 Watt capacity in Kathmandu valley. The station is based at Bhanimandal, Lalitpur and has good coverage of entire Kathmandu valley. Radio Sagarmatha is free from political ideology and provides spaces to all actors of political thought.
Radio Sagarmatha is non-profit radio dedicated to disseminate quality information to the audience. After its establishment, the station has worked tremendously to generate human resource to cater the need of broadcasting sector in Nepal by offering wide range of thematic radio training ranging from processes of obtaining license to open, operate such community radio stations across the country. Technician training is part of regular program of Radio Sagarmatha and dozens of radio stations have received such support from station and its mother organization NEFEJ. Radio Sagarmatha is pioneer and has good expertise in talked based programs, radio magazines and holds especial capacity to influence stakeholders at different level.
Radio Sagarmatha promotes songs of national languages and broadcasts selected advertisements. Radio Sagarmatha is a self sustaining station with separate identity in Nepali broadcasting sector. It has been offering wide ranges of program including BBC Nepali service bulletin to the audience.
Main Objectives of Radio Sagarmatha are as follows:
- To promote open public discourse on issues of public interest as part of the effort to carry out advocacy for social justice.
- To set standard in public-interest broadcasting
- To produce a pool of journalists in community broadcasting
- To educate the message about the issues of their interest
- To contribute to the proliferation of community radio stations in the country.
- To sensitize government and policy makers on issues from constitutional process to gender relations.
- To facilitate the democratization process by increasing access to information to the people including women and excluded groups as a responsible community radio.
- To strengthen democratic culture, peace, sustainable development and environment.
Over the years, Radio Sagarmatha is successful in establishing itself as an independent, impartial and reliable station among the audience. Recognizing its commitment to public-interest broadcasting, Radio Sagarmatha has bagged a number of awards and letters of appreciation as follows:
Press Council Nepal Code of Conduct Award 2009
Press Council Nepal awarded RS for impartial coverage the news and current affairs and full compliance of Journalists Code of Conduct.
One World Special Award form One World 2007 of the United Kingdom
The award came for consistently working as fearless media agency by upholding the values and thus contributing the greater world understanding.
AMARCH International Solidarity Prize 2006
It came for fighting the royal regime during the Save Independent Radio Movement.